Utilize Yogurt for Diet
Yogurt is a type of probiotic food and is known to be good for weight loss. However, not all yogurt products on the market are healthy and effective for dieting. Some of them contain artificial sweeteners and high sugar levels that are not good for the body. To achieve maximum dieting results, consider first the review about yogurt for the following diet!
Yogurt is a dairy product that is fermented by lactic acid-producing bacteria. Despite having almost the same micronutrient composition as milk, the levels of protein, vitamins, and minerals in yogurt are higher. Low fat doses of 240 mL contain 50 percent more potassium, calcium, and magnesium than low-fat milk.
There are various benefits of yogurt for health, one of which is to support the success of the diet program that you are running. The benefits of eating yogurt for a diet come from various nutrients contained in it, such as protein, calcium, vitamins, and especially probiotics that are good for digestive health and the immune system.
The content of probiotics found in yogurt helps to release and increase GLP-1 (an appetite-reducing hormone), thus making you feel full longer. Increased levels of this hormone can help the body burn calories and fat. Probiotics can also increase levels of ANGPTL4 protein, (which serves to reduce fat deposits).
Besides being useful for bone health, the calcium content in yogurt also affects appetite, blood sugar levels, and changes in lifestyle of good bacteria in the intestine. Some studies also reveal, eating yogurt is believed to prevent obesity, lose weight, eliminate body fat, and reduce waist circumference.
Choosing Yogurt Products and Dishes for the Diet
There are many yogurt products available on the market, including cow’s milk yogurt, soy milk yogurt, almond milk yogurt, and coconut milk yogurt. Cow’s milk yogurt is rich in calcium and vitamin D, high in protein and low in calories. While yogurt, soy milk can be an option for those of you who are vegetarian or allergic to dairy products. However, this type of yogurt usually contains a lot of sugar and calories, so check carefully the packaging labels to make sure the sugar and calorie content.
Almond milk yogurt is also good for consumption by vegetarians and is sensitive to dairy products. This yogurt is rich in calcium, protein and low in calories. However, almond yogurt is not recommended for consumption by people who are allergic to nuts. While coconut milk yogurt contains high fat and low protein.
Here are some tips to get yogurt with good quality and effective for your diet program, how:
• Check the packaging of the yogurt product before buying it to find out the nutritional content and expiration date of the product.
• It is recommended to choose sugar-free yogurt and artificial sweeteners. Sugar can be registered with other names such as sucrose, high fructose corn syrup, fruit juice, cane sugar, and agave nectar.
• Choose low fat or nonfat yogurt products.
• Make sure the yogurt you buy is healthy yogurt, that is, the protein content is higher than the sugar content in it.
• Make sure the yogurt product you buy contains sufficient calcium, vitamin D, and live and active bacteria, such as probiotics, in sufficient quantities. Ideally, yogurt contains vitamin D as an important part of your daily calcium needs. The vitamin D content will be written as a percentage (% DV) on the yogurt label.
• To get sweetness, you can serve yogurt with pieces of fruit.
• You can also serve yogurt with flaxseed sprinkles that contain fiber and omega-3 fatty acids that are good for your health.
• Avoid eating yogurt with fruit flavors or pieces of fruit in it, because generally these products contain high sugar content.
Tips for Saving and Eating Yogurt for the Diet
For those of you who want to eat yogurt as a nutritious intake during a diet, here are the procedures for storing the right yogurt:
• Store yogurt in the refrigerator after you buy it.
• Spend yogurt in 3 days after the package is opened.
• Protect yogurt from other foods that have a strong odor by wrapping it rap
• Take as much yogurt as you want to eat into the bowl using a spoon
• To avoid bacterial contamination that will speed up decay, do not return the remaining un-eaten yogurt to the original container.
• And avoid freezing yogurt, because freezing will affect the texture and taste.
To get the maximum efficacy, consume yogurt for the diet in appropriate portions and not excessive. Yogurt is recommended to be consumed once or twice a day. The amount of yogurt recommended in a day is 100-200 grams. For adults, yogurt is safe to consume as much as 200-450 ml every day. You can serve it for breakfast or afternoon snack while on the move at the office. Add yogurt in a variety of food or beverage recipe creations can also be an option to enjoy yogurt for the diet.
People who have lactose intolerance or have milk allergies, are advised to limit their yogurt intake or not to consume it. Consultation to the doctor must be done if you want to consume yogurt for the diet but are in the treatment period or taking certain supplements.